#BAKEHISTORY with Pick Tennessee Products
Our #BAKEHISTORY contest is now closed. Follow Pick Tennessee on Facebook, and find out who the winner is on February 10! Thank you for your interest in Pick Tennessee.
Are you ready to #BAKEHISTORY with your own original cake recipe made with locally grown, produced or processed ingredients?
The winner of this contest will be featured in a cooking segment on “Live Green, Tennessee,” a statewide public television show produced by WCTE-TV!
AND, if your cake makes it into the top six recipes, it will be part of a special food feature in The Tennessee Magazine, Tennessee’s most widely circulated and read magazine.
Before you begin working on your Pick Tennessee Cake….
Please read carefully and follow all the contest rules, listed below.
Using Pick Tennessee’s website directories will be key to finding the farms near you with the ingredients you need. Don’t forget to include the Tennessee farm or food brand name of each ingredient in your recipe.
It’s important to use as many Tennessee products as possible in your recipe, but we realize there are some essential cake ingredients you won’t find on nearby farms. That’s why we won’t ask that sugar, plus leavening agents—baking powder, baking soda, and salt— be identified as Tennessee products. Other than that, your recipe must be comprised of Tennessee ingredients, only!
Fortunately, some essential ingredients are made or processed in Tennessee and can be found in local grocery stores or purchased online.
The following items are eligible to be counted as Tennessee ingredients:
- Wesson Oil, which is processed at ConAgra in Memphis
- Vanilla extract from Simplify, located in Bell Buckle
- Sorghum syrup, which is available from Muddy Pond Sorghum Mill in Monterey
- Butter from Tennessee dairy companies including Purity Dairies in Nashville and Mayfield Dairy in Knoxville
For more options to fuel your creativity, go to the Taste of Tennessee Online Store, which is part of this website, to learn about and find all sorts of potential great ingredients.
Pick Tennessee #BAKEHISTORY Contest Rules
Please read these official rules:
- The PTP Cake Contest is open to all U.S. citizens. If the entrant is less than 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must sign the entry form.
- Entrants must be amateurs, defined as not employed in or accepting money for work in the baking or catering industry. Employees of the Tennessee Department of Agriculture and prize providers and members of their immediate households are not eligible to enter.
- Only one entry per person. After you submit your entry, you will not receive a confirmation of your submission from Pick Tennessee. You will not receive any further contest-related contact from Pick Tennessee unless you are a contest winner. Follow Pick Tennessee on Facebook for updates throughout the contest entry period!
- Each entry must be original, tested in your home kitchen, and may not have won any national recipe contest.
- By entering this contest, you grant the sponsor the right to edit, adapt, copyright and publish any or all recipe entries and to use these entries in any media form or in any manner without attribution or compensation in perpetuity.
- Entries, along with a picture of you with your cake, must be submitted using the form posted at www.picktnproducts.org . Entries may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until midnight January 31, 2017 or by mail postmarked no later than January 25, 2017. Mailed entries should be sent to: Tennessee Department of Agriculture Market Development Division, Attn: Pick Tennessee #BAKEHISTORY Contest, P.O. Box 40627, Nashville, TN 37204.
- Recipes must be made from all Tennessee products with the exception of sugar and leavening ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, salt). Cakes may be layers that are round, Bundt or tube pan, or a sheet that is a square or rectangular.
- Each recipe (including batter, frostings, and fillings) must contain the following:
- Tennessee product name in the ingredient listing,
- exact ingredient amounts,
- specific preparation instructions,
- pan sizes,
- bake temperatures and times, and if necessary,
- how to assemble the cake (e.g., Specify how much filling to be used between each layer and how to frost the cake).
- Eligible farms, companies and ingredients are limited to those listed on the Pick Tennessee Products website, at www.PickTnProducts.org .
- There will be one winner and five finalists selected to be featured in The Tennessee Magazine. The winner will also be featured in a cooking segment of Live Green in Tennessee, WCTE-TV, located in Cookeville.
- Judging will be based on taste, creativity and the proper use of Tennessee products.
- Winners will be notified by phone and email on February 10, 2017.
- In the event that a recipe includes an ingredient that cannot be easily supplied for taste-testing, the sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute ingredient that is similar to the original ingredient.
- Pick TN Products is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and agree to be bound by the decisions of Pick Tennessee Products, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
Questions about the contest or about how to find products on the Pick Tennessee Products site? Just send us a message with your question to the Pick Tennessee Facebook page, or feel free to email your question to Pick Tennessee Products at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you #BAKEHISTORY with Pick Tennessee!