Chocolate Orange Tarts
You will need:
- 2 (2.75-ounce) packages Olive & Sinclair 75% chocolate bars
- 6 tablespoons unsalted local butter
- 2 Swafford or other local eggs
- 2 Swafford or other egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or Cointreau, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 baked mini pie shells
- 1 tablespoon White Lily all-purpose flour
Place the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over medium-high heat. Cook over simmering water, stirring frequently until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F. In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, combine the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the Grand Marnier, orange zest, and salt at medium-high speed. Mix for 6 minutes.
Brush the remaining tablespoon of Grand Marnier over the bottoms of the mini pie shells and arrange on a baking sheet.
Reduce the mixer speed to low and sprinkle the flour over the egg mixture. Fold in the chocolate mixture and gently mix until combined.
Evenly spoon the chocolate mixture into the mini pie shells. Bake 14 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Pair with Stonehaus Winery Davenport Red