BBQ Prawns with Fresh Corn
You will need:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels, cooked
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 18 prawns
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 cups mesclun greens
Combine sour cream, hot sauce and lime juice in a small bowl then set aside. In a separate bowl, toss together corn, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil minus 2 tablespoons and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then set aside.
Skewer the length of the prawns on skewer. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place on hot grill for 30 seconds. Brush with barbecue sauce and grill for 30 seconds longer. Turn prawns over and brush with more barbecue sauce. Grill for 1 minute. Remove prawns from grill and cool slightly.
To serve, toss mesclun greens with some of the liquid from corn relish. Place a mound of green in center of each plate. Arrange prawns over lettuce. Spoon corn relish in a band across prawns and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Pair with Gewurztraminer from Beans Creek Winery