Fresh Bread Salad
You will need:
- 6 cups diced day-old, good quality crusty bread
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into large dice
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped Farm fresh basil
- 1 small head radicchio, rinsed, spun dry, torn into pieces
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place bread in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, mozzarella, basil and radicchio and toss well. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Pour over salad and toss well. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 90 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with grilled chicken and a bottle of Tennessee dry white wine for an unforgettable spring lunch. For dessert, serve Martha White brownies topped with Purity ice cream.
Pair with Carriage House White from Belle Meade Winery