Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad
You will need:
- 8 thin slices French bread
- 1/4 cup softened goat cheese
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Then turn over and spread each with goat cheese. Return to oven and toast 5 minutes longer to melt cheese. Set aside.
Combine salad greens, berries and orange sections in a large bowl, tossing well. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar, cream, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over salad into four portions and place on chilled serving plates. Garnish each with two toasted bread slices and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Pair with Chatelaine from Long Hollow Winery