Fried Green Tomatoes
You will need:
- 1⁄4 cup White Lily all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dry buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry bread crumbs or all-purpose cornmeal
- 3 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons Wesson oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Place flour in a shallow dish and set aside. Combine egg whites and dry dressing mix in another shallow dish; set aside. Place crumbs or cornmeal in another shallow dish. Coat each tomato slice with flour, then dip in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs or cornmeal.
In a large skillet, heat half of oil over medium-high heat. Arrange a single layer of coated tomatoes in skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until slices are golden brown on both sides.
Remove from skillet. Cook remaining slices, adding additional oil to skillet as needed. Sprinkle fried tomatoes with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4-6 side dish servings
Pair with Pinot Grigio from Hillside Winery