Red Potato and Avocado Salad
You will need:
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut in cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 small shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
Place the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, place the oil, cilantro, lime juice, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake to emulsify.
When the potatoes have cooled, transfer to a serving bowl and add the shallots, garlic and avocados. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes. Toss with the red bell peppers just before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Vineyard White – Apple Barn Winery
Photograph by Robin Conover courtesy of The Tennessee Magazine.